Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Valentine's Pinstrosity

So I'm normally a pretty crafty, homemaker type of girl.  I can make fabulous things, cook delectable meals, and look stunning while doing it.  I mean I seriously think I could give Martha Stewart a running for her money. Not to mention I'm not a convicted felon (always a plus).

I'm basically a trophy wife (minus the rock, the husband, the day time wine drinking and staying at home)  But other than that… yeah basically.

I pin things on Pinterest just like any other female, but I actually MAKE things to put on to Pinterest that other people pin.  I'm actually re-pinned quite a lot (blush blush).

Today however, I committed my first "Pinstrosity".  Sometimes, things don't turn out looking exactly like the picture, or working out at all for that matter.

Since my love life is in shambles, I guess cupid or St. Valentine thought my heart baked cookies should reflect that also. Thanks asshole.


Pinstrosity

I found this charming little pin on Pinterest and wanted to make these cookies for my co-workers for Valentine's Day.


I found these precious, what I thought would be easy to make cookies from the blog Domestically Speaking. The instructions seemed simple enough… So i tried. 


For starters, I don't own a rolling pin.  Wine bottles are roundish so I thought wine not? When life give you bumps, improvise. 


I rolled out my dough and proceed to make the little heart shaped cookies.





Then I cut out the centers with a smaller heart, to place my Jolly Ranchers in, so my cookies would get that precious stained glass effect


Almost time for baking! You're supposed to pop them in the oven at 350 Degrees F for about 10 minutes



They may not have turned out "Nailed It" worthy, but they definitely were no masterpiece. 

In fact, the dough didn't keep it's shape and Marshmallow Manned out on me, making the candy in the middle look weird. Turns out the cookies basically STUCK to cookies sheet and I then proceeded to spend the next 30 minutes scraping off the gunk. FAIL. 



I did end up with one cookie that didn't stick or turn into crumbles…. however it tasted awful.  I'm all about the sugar, but jolly ranchers and sugar cookies together is a no no.  Lesson learned. 

So if you want to get frustrated and make gross cookies, you go for it. As for me and house, we will just eat the raw dough (I like to live life on the edge) and drink the wine instead of using it as a tool. 

Here's a video that instructs you on how to do so. Enjoy!





Happy Valentine's Day. 
XOXO




No comments:

Post a Comment